John Padden At-Large PPCC Representative 2018

Vote for John Padden




"I place a high premium on having a strong and moral personal character 
and strive to possess quality principles in my professional and personal life."

The   Pacific Palisades Community Council (PPCC) holds  area  representative elections for each  of  its  eight areas  and  one  At-Large representative,  every  two  years. The PPCC is viewed  as  the  voice  of the residents of Pacific Palisades by our neighboring communities, and  by  elected officials  and  representatives in the city of Los Angeles, the County and the State. The PPCC Area representatives bring their own community's needs before the PPCC to  gain  support. They  also  take information back to their community on local and city-wide concerns, projects, laws, and regulations.



 Personal Statement of John Padden
PPCC At-Large  Candidate


Why I am running for the At Large position on the PPCC Board.


I have lived in the Palisades for most of my adult life - over 36 years residing in The Highlands, The Huntington, Lower Swarthmore Bluffs and now in The ABC’s.  My family moved to 90272 late in my high school career and now, coming full circle in 2018, I have raised the last of my three children here – my youngest graduating from Pali High just this last year 

Throughout the years I have been deeply involved in many aspects of our community - Personally, Professionally and Philanthropically.  I care deeply about the issues that we all face as a fellow community members in an effort to preserve the “Small Town in a Big City” feel and uphold the amazing quality of life we all are so fortunate to enjoy as Palisadians. 

Personally, I have broadly invested my time and efforts as a community member from coaching my kids’ sports teams at the park to participating in and volunteering at the Annual 5-10K race EVERY YEAR since being a resident.

Professionally, I have built a business here and in Brentwood & Malibu as a local residential real estate agent, interacting with community members on a wide range of issues relating to their real estate interests.  

Philanthropically, I have been a Palisades PRIDE board member for over 5 years, currently serving as PRIDE’s Vice President with aspirations to be PRIDE’s next President.  My involvement and efforts with PRIDE include being a part of various beautification projects – the designing and replanting of the Sunset & Chautauqua and Marquez & Sunset Medians and the salvaging and relocating of donor benches and trash receptacles from Swarthmore.  Working personally on behalf of PRIDE with Caruso Affiliated over the past 2 ½ years, I have preserved the messages of and will, with the help of Caruso, replace over 1,100 Swarthmore donor tiles in the form of donor Bricks on the New PRIDE” Walk of Fame” that will be located on Sunset Blvd.  And, on a grander scale, I have organized and directed, again in conjunction with Caruso, a group of local community representatives (including PPCC, BID, Village Green, Chamber of Commerce members) in a combined effort to create a plan to remodel and revitalize the streets, walkways and common areas of the business district in our town. 

I place a high premium on having a strong and moral personal character and strive to possess quality principles in my professional and personal life.  I always respond to people who reach out to me as soon as I can. I do the “right thing” even with the right thing might be the more difficult choice personally. And, I actually do the things I say I am going to do. 

If I earn the At large seat on the PPCC Board, I will work together with my fellow board members to consider and analyze the issues brought before us to make thoughtful and  appropriate decisions for our community.

Thank you for your consideration,     
John Padden
johnpadden@kw.com